About Woolly Wits

I am a hand-knitting designer and teacher. See and purchase my published designs on Ravelry.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Fashion Forecasting Presentation Links

Missoni Spring 2017
Thanks to the Madison Knitter's Guild for their warm reception last evening to my new 'Fashion Forecasting for Hand Knits' talk.  With a lot of material to cover, I sped right along so some of you might have missed some of the links to information sources that I mentioned.  So, here they are:

Runway show photographs and analysis:  Vogue (formerly style.com)

Pantone
Pantone Color of the Year 2017
Pantone Spring 2017 Fashion Colors

The Yarniacs podcast
The Yarniacs Pantone Colors of Fall contest
PrairiePoppins (Colors of Fall contestant)  and her podcast, Imagined Landscapes

Fashion forecasting mood boards: Fashion Vignette

Trade Shows:
Pitti Filati
TNNA

And for anyone who really wants to dive into the topic, I also drew from several textbooks:

Fashion Forecasting by Evelyn L. Brannon, Bloomsbury Publishing
Fashion Trends: Analysis and Forecasting by Eundeok Kim
Color Forecasting for Fashion by Kate Scully

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment