About Woolly Wits

I am a hand-knitting designer and teacher. See and purchase my published designs on Ravelry.

Monday, February 17, 2014

Why Yarn Choice Can Be Everything

Just a quick post with some Nejiri glovelets I worked up before the holidays, but that didn't make it into gift bags - for two different reasons . . .


The purple heathered yarn was absolutely the wrong choice for this project, especially in comparison to the teal pair worked up in an unlabelled vintage stash yarn. The combination of dark color and heathered yarn obscure the cable, even as large as it is.  But, it really pops in the medium tone, solid yarn.

As a consequence, the purple ended up in the charity pile, while the teal pair was too beloved to give away.  Even with more years of knitting experience than I will admit to in a public forum, I can still get it wrong.

P.S.  The pattern is a freebie on Ravelry. Makes a great quick gift.  Or maybe for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment