About Woolly Wits

I am a hand-knitting designer and teacher. See and purchase my published designs on Ravelry.

Friday, October 16, 2015

Cast On Comparison Challenge

In preparation for teaching at the Madison Knitters Guild Knit-In next March, the organizers asked me for photos for my classes.  I realized that not only did I not have a photo for my Cast On Conundrum class, but I have no idea how to illustrate it.  Eventually I came up with the idea of lining up several different cast ons, and the photo above is the result.

OK, experienced knitters:  how many of these cast on techniques can you identify?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

From top to bottom, the answers are: 
German twisted, aka old Norwegian sock
long tail
cable
e-wrap, aka backwards loop
crochet

How did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment