About Woolly Wits

I am a hand-knitting designer and teacher. See and purchase my published designs on Ravelry.

Thursday, March 6, 2014

My Contribution to VK Spring/Summer 2014

VOGUE Knitting Spring/Summer 2014,
photo by Rose Callahan
See what I did?

This is the cardigan I designed for the Spring/Summer issue of Vogue Knitting.  The cardi features very large eyelet holes laid out in a diamond pattern, which were inspired by the mesh that was all over the Spring 2014 runways.  My own twist was the contrast band.  The diagonal lines of the v-neck band flow into the vertical button band for a slimming line.

VOGUE Knitting Spring/Summer 2014,
photo by Rose Callahan
 This would be a great shrug-ish sweater over a sleeveless sundress or summer top.  Just enough fabric to keep you warm in an over-air conditioned room, but enough openwork to keep the air flowing when you step back outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment