About Woolly Wits

I am a hand-knitting designer and teacher. See and purchase my published designs on Ravelry.

Monday, July 18, 2016

It's Already Fall!

07_vkef16_0021_small2
#21 Cable Detail Vest by Theresa Schabes
from Vogue Knitting, Early Fall, 2016
Copyright Soho Publishing
Well, it is already fall in the publishing world with the release of Vogue Knitting's Early Fall issue featuring my Multi-directional cabled vest design.

This vest was inspired by a ready-to-wear piece that featured multiple zippers as well as multiple directions.  Since many knitters shy away from installing zippers, I substituted bands of braided cables as the decorative trim.  On the back I traveled the cables diagonally up so that they create a flattering moving line.  On the front of the vest they are not only decorative but functional, as they form the opening of the pocket bag.

As with my recent Silk Garden swing cardi, this vest begins by knitting the back, and then the two front pieces are picked up from the side edge and worked vertically around to center front.  The only seam to be sewn is a short shoulder seam, and that is worked mid-project before the collar is completed.

I love the way the VK folks styled the vest with neutral pieces and a neutral background.  Really happy with this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment