About Woolly Wits

I am a hand-knitting designer and teacher. See and purchase my published designs on Ravelry.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

This One is Mine

In my last post I told the story of how I knit two very similar sweaters.  Today is the story of how I knit a third.

This was my very first published design that I knit for myself.  It's not that I didn't like my other sweaters.  Or that they weren't fun to knit or flattering designs.  It just that once you've knit a sweater to fit a model, re-knitting it to fit a regular human body with a chest measurement of upwards of 40" is a long slog.  And you also don't have the page-turning mystery of how it will turn out.  The beans have been spilled.

But this one is different.  I really love the shape.  With the angled side edges, the front pieces flare back to create a very flattering v-neck.  And, since it is a modular construction with each piece building off the previous pieces, it's a fun puzzle with no nasty seams.  And, I just happened to have a bag of Silk Garden Lite that had been marinating in my stash for just long enough to be ready to knit.

I've been really astonished about the reaction to this sweater.  Everybody wants to try it on, and, once checked in the mirror, everybody wants their own.  I'll be leading a knit-along at my LYS, Knitch, in Delafield, Wisconsin, beginning later in May.  Give them a call for details or leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment